Re: Single Precision Workarounds?

From: David Grohmann
Subject: Re: Single Precision Workarounds?
Date: Mon, 05 Feb 2007 17:54:06 -0600

John W. Eaton wrote:
On  5-Feb-2007, David Grohmann wrote:

| I understand that octave doesn't support single precision.
| | Are there any suggested workarounds for *.m code and MEX files that | depend on single precision input or output (not really worrying about | single/double precision math differences just there are times when a | certain type is assumed in a MEX file)?

Maybe it would help if you posted a specific example.

jwe
oops didnt CC the list.

Well I believe the exact problem is

calling mxArray *mxCreateNumericMatrix(int m, int n, mxClassID class, mxComplexity ComplexFlag);
with class = mxSINGLE_CLASS,

obviously that can be changed to mxDOUBLE_CLASS but I was hoping there might be a way to fool the MEX code into thinking it was working with singles even though octave was using doubles under the hood.

--
David Grohmann
Senior Student Associate