Re: please take time out to help me

From: Steve C. Thompson
Subject: Re: please take time out to help me
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2007 10:12:30 -0800

On Wed, 2007-01-31 at 08:50 -0800, seun idowu wrote:

> hi, my name is seun. i am a final year Engineering student in
> the university (Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-ife, Nigeria)
> was running a search on the internet to find out more on
> GNUOctave & i came this site i have been compelled by my
> project supervisor to use Octave for the modelling of the data
> i obtain from the optimization of a CDMA network.

Congratulations on finishing up your degree in engineering.

> the model is supposed to create a predictive pattern on the
> capacity of the cell as its load increases.  i would like to
> find out if octave can do this and if there are similar works
> been carried out in this area.  the problem i have is i have
> not come across octave until now & i tried findin tutorials
> online so i cld get a feel of it but cldnt find any pls could
> you give me some recommended texts, websites .............
> where a novice like me can learn about Octave and use it to
> create a predictive model.  thanks in advance anxiously awaitin
> your response.

As was said in a previous response to your message, it is hard to
give specific help to questions that are not specific.  For
example, I'm not entirely sure what you mean by a predictive
model, and communications is my area of research.  But you
probably won't get research questions answered here anyway since
it is a list for the use of GNU Octave.  As a computer
programming language used by engineers, however, I'm sure that
you'll find it adequate for your needs.

The Octave manual is a good resource for learning how to use
Octave.  It is located at
http://www.gnu.org/software/octave/doc/interpreter/ .

In your searching, since Octave and Matlab are closely
compatible, you might search of people discussing the use of
Matlab for your problem at hand.

Finally, you might find the IT++ project useful:
http://itpp.sourceforge.net/

Regards,
Steve

elsteve.com/work/