Re: has Octave matlab dfeval() analog?

From: Michael Creel
Subject: Re: has Octave matlab dfeval() analog?
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2007 16:36:31 +0100

Dmitrey wrote:
and where can I find manual(s) about parallel calculations in Octave?
thank you in advance, D.

Octave itself doesn't directly support parallel calculations. However, it can be built linking against scalapack - search the mail lists for messages about that. I don't recall ever having seen performance results for that approach.

Binding functions for PVM and MPI also exist - see http://atc.ugr.es/javier-bin/mpitb

I have used MPITB quite a bit, and I like it a lot. Now for a little propaganda: The ParallelKnoppix live CD has Octave 2.1.73, octave forge and MPITB installed, along with some examples.

Screenshots:
http://parallelknoppix.cebacad.net/pmwiki.php?n=Main.Use

I just released a new version yesterday: http://parallelknoppix.cebacad.net/index.php?n=Main.HomePage

Another stuff that is relevant