Overriding builtins

From: Jurgen Pletinckx
Subject: Overriding builtins
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2007 10:46:36 +0100

Dear all,

I am trying to get an existing Matlab codebase running on
Octave (2.1.73). A first hurdle I face is the incompatibility
between Octave's false (which returns a single boolean) and
Matlabs false (which works like logical(zeros(args)), and can
return multi-dimensional arrays).

Altering the existing scripts would work, obviously. So would
patching data.cc. But it seems to me that overriding the
built-in function (well, constant, actually) might be the
quickest way.

Is that possible? If so, how do I go about it?

Thanks,

--
Jurgen Pletinckx
AlgoNomics NV