Re: Yet Another Plotting System for Octave

From: Alexander Barth
Subject: Re: Yet Another Plotting System for Octave
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2007 12:57:08 -0500

Marius Schamschula wrote:
> Oops,
>
> I was a bit quick to say that yapso installed correctly:
>
> The install died with
>
> checking for glBegin in -lGL... no
>
> but
>
> Saturn:~ marius$ nm /usr/X11R6/lib/libGL.dylib | grep glBegin
> 00002d7c T ___indirect_glBegin
>          U _glBegin
>          U ___indirect_glBegin
>          U ___indirect_glBegin
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Marius
> --
> Marius Schamschula                               Webmaster
>
>         The Huntsville Macintosh Users Group
>                     www.hmug.org
>
> webmaster at hmug dot org    marius at schamschula dot com
>

>From the man page of nm, "U _glBegin" means that _glBegin is used but not
>defined in this library
since we don't see a "T _glBegin".
On my linux system (Fedora 5), I get:
nm libGL.a | grep glBegin
                 U glBegin
                 U glBeginFragmentShaderATI
                 U glBeginQueryARB
00000000000000b0 T glBegin
0000000000006c90 T glBeginFragmentShaderATI
0000000000004dc0 T glBeginQuery
0000000000004dc0 T glBeginQueryARB

I guess, that glBegin is defined in another (lower level) library. Can you run
the following command?

nm --print-file-name *.dylib | grep glBegin

Cheers,
Alex