Controlling fonts etc in Gnuplot axis labels (etc)

From: Harbinson, Jeremy
Subject: Controlling fonts etc in Gnuplot axis labels (etc)
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2007 23:19:11 +0100

Hi,
I am using Octave 2.9.9 on MacOSX 10.4, and I seem not to be able to control
Gnuplot via the gset command (my last version of Octave was old). I have
searched in the usual places, but all the information I can find about
controlling the appearance of Gnuplot plots is via gset, which seems missing
from 2.9.9 (help gset returns with the message that gset was not found).

Is there a way that I can control fonts, font size etc, or control any other
aspect of Gnuplot, from Octave?
Sorry if this question is 'obvious'.
Thanks,
all the best,