Re: best Octave developers platform?

From: Javier Arantegui
Subject: Re: best Octave developers platform?
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2007 09:49:29 +0100

Hello,

El Miércoles, 10 de Enero de 2007 19:41, Maynard Wright escribió:
> I use Kate (a KDE text editor) under Kubuntu or RedHat 8 and simply leave
> the file open as I work.  Once I save changes to an Octave executable file,
> I can run them in Octave from the command line.  Moving back and forth
> between the shell and Kate is quick.  Not quite an IDE, but it's trouble
> free and convenient.

In fact it's possible to open a Terminal inside Kate. That makes the work
easier and faster, no need to move between windows. And Kate can highlight
Octave syntax too.

Javier

--
Javier Arántegui
Dept. Tecnologia de Alimentos / Dept. of Food Technology

Tel. +34 973702595
Fax  +34 973702596
IM: Jabber - javier.arantegui (AT) jabberes.org
http://www.tecal.udl.es