best Octave developers platform?

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: best Octave developers platform?
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2007 12:15:37 -0500

On 10-Jan-2007, Dmitrey wrote:

| Also, if I will download Octave via cvs, will it come to me zipped or
| no?

See the -z option for CVS:

       -z level

         Request compression level for network traffic.  cvs
         interprets level identically to  the  gzip  program.   Valid
         levels are 1 (high speed, low compression) to 9 (low speed,
         high compression), or 0 to disable compression (the default).
         Data sent to the server will  be  compressed  at  the
         requested level  and the client will request the server use
         the same compression level for data returned.  The server
         will use the closest level allowed by the server
         administrator  to  compress  returned  data.  This option
         only has an effect when passed to the cvs client.

jwe