Re: eigs under octave

From: David Bateman
Subject: Re: eigs under octave
Date: Tue, 09 Jan 2007 15:02:59 +0100

Riccardo Corradini wrote:
> Hi all,
> I would like to know when "eigs.cc" will be released
> for octave 2.9?
> Thanks a lot for you help
> Riccardo

When Sorensen the author of ARPACK responds to one of the numerous
requests for license clarification... Till then here is the latest
version of my arpack/eigs/svds patch against the latest octave CVS...
You can patch your octave source tree if you want and use this till a
real release happens...

D.

[x] General Business Information
[ ] Motorola Internal Use Only
[ ] Motorola Confidential Proprietary

2007-01-02  David Bateman  <address@hidden>

        * interpreter/sparse.txi: Document the svds, sprank, eigs and
        normest functions.

2007-01-02  David Bateman  <address@hidden>

        * configure.in (ARPACK_LIBS): Add test for ARPACK. Warn if it
        isn't found. Set HAVE_ARPACK and ARPACK_LIBS.
        * Makeconf.in (ARPACK_LIBS): New variable.
        * PROJECTS: Remove the implemented functions normest, eigs.

2007-01-02  David Bateman  <address@hidden>

        * Makefile.in: Add specific build for eigs.oct to include -larpack.
        (DLD_XSRC): Add eigs.cc.
        * DLD-FUNCTIONS/eigs.cc: New file.

2007-01-02  David Bateman  <address@hidden>

        * sparse/svds.m: New file.