Re: Octave On MacOSX

From: Matthias Brennwald
Subject: Re: Octave On MacOSX
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2007 10:35:54 +0100

On 08.01.2007, at 19:07, address@hidden wrote:

Message: 3
Date: Mon, 08 Jan 2007 17:28:36 +0100
From: Thomas Treichl <address@hidden>
Subject: Octave On MacOSX
To: address@hidden
Cc: address@hidden

Hi,

on January, 4, 2007 GMT22:30 I sent an email to the help-list with the subject "How To Minimalistically GNUify MacOSX For Building Octave From Scratch". Maybe the spam-filter has eaten my email, but never mind about that, here is already
the first update of README.MacOSX.

The good thing about this update is, that we do already know that the step by step procedure does work on a CoreDuo Mac as well as on a PPC G4 Mac if one
follows step by step the README.MacOSX file.

Also make sure, that you didn't mix up a lot of programs and libraries from different Internet resources: One might have the idea to install "bison" from the hmug.org and the "sed" from the fink.sourceforge.net and the "gfortran" from the hpc.sourceforge.net site. This won't be working! This is like mixing a Debian/RedHat/SuSE-distribution all together - this doesn't work very well too!

So what I mean is that you should decide which resource you want to use: if you want to use fink.sourceforge.net then you need everything from fink, or use the darwinports.com you take everything from darwinports etc. - or you take this
README.MacOSX file for building everything from scratch.

Ok, that's it, enjoy!
Thomas