Illegal instruction -- stopping myself...

From: seawulf sunysb
Subject: Illegal instruction -- stopping myself...
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2006 20:27:40 -0500

Dear All:

I am using Ocatve on a cluster runing Debian Linux. When I run a piece of code invovle matrix operations, I have the following error message:

address@hidden:~$ cat job18.e29682
panic: Illegal instruction -- stopping myself...
attempting to save variables to `octave-core'...
save to `octave-core' complete
/var/spool/torque/mom_priv/jobs/29682.seawu.SC: line 1:  6193 Illegal
instruction     octave /nfs/user02/zmyang/mixture/octave/lmm1/lmm1Null.m

I find one hits from this mailing list at:
https://www.cae.wisc.edu/pipermail/help-octave/2006-June/000608.html
which has same error message.

Could you please tell how can I fix this problem? Compile/install Octave again? I believe our administrator installed a precompile version of Octave.

Thanks

Talk now to your Hotmail contacts with Windows Live Messenger. http://clk.atdmt.com/MSN/go/msnnkwme0020000001msn/direct/01/?href=http://get.live.com/messenger/overview