octave-forge functions override octave 2.9.9

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: octave-forge functions override octave 2.9.9
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2006 19:16:19 -0500

On 23-Nov-2006, Norbert Hauser wrote:

| Hello,
| when calling wavread() octave is executing
|
| octave:1> which wavread
| wavread is the user-defined function from the file
| /usr/local/share/octave/2.9.9/site/m/octave-forge/audio/wavread.m
|
| However I'd like to use the newer version
|
| lt001:~/tmp/octave-2.9.9> rpm -ql octave|grep wavread
| /usr/local/share/octave/2.9.9/m/audio/wavread.m
|
| I tried to set EXEC_PATH and LOADPATH to
["/usr/local/share/octave/2.9.9/m//"] in ~/.octaverec, but this has no effect.
Do I need to set some environment variables or some options to the call to
octave?

EXEC_PATH is for searching for external programs (executed with system
or popen).  2.9.9 doesn't have LOADPATH.  See the NEWS file.  If you
want to modify the path, then use the addpath or path functions.  Or,
you could just remove the versions of the duplicate functions you
don't want.

jwe