limitations of octave 2.9.9 without suitesparse?

From: Norbert Hauser
Subject: limitations of octave 2.9.9 without suitesparse?
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2006 23:26:49 +0100

Hello,
I wonder which functions of sparse matrices are not supported without
suitesparse.

Since I have not been able to compile octave on top of suitesparse, I tried
what happens without suitesparse. All sparse functions, that I tried so far,
seem to work without problems. Do I have to be careful about the result of
certain functions?

Norbert