Re: Lining up the axes of multiplots/subplots

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: Lining up the axes of multiplots/subplots
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2006 11:34:34 -0500

On 20-Nov-2006, Matthias Brennwald wrote:

| Hmm, then maybe a corresponding note should be added to the help text
| of the __gnuplot_XYZ__ commands. All I get is:
|
| ------------------------
| help __gnuplot_raw__
| __gnuplot_raw__ is a built-in function
|
| -- Built-in Function:  __gnuplot_raw__ (STRING)
|       Send STRING directly to gnuplot subprocess.
| ------------------------
|
|  From this, I'd never guess that I shouldn't be using __gnuplot_raw__
| et al.

The funny __NAME__ wasn't a clue?

| After surfing the web a bit, I found some seemingly great stuff here:
|
| http://wiki.octave.org/wiki.pl?ObjectGraphics
|
| However, I am unsure whether this is just a wish list or if it is a
| description for some real-world code that allows Octave to plot in
| the Matlab way.

It is something of a design document written by volunteers who are
interested in improving Octave's graphics features to be more
compatible with Matlab.

| A. How/where can I get this stuff (I couldn't find it on the above
| link)?

There isn't much code yet.

| B. Can I help in any way to build/extend the Matlabish plotting
| functionality? How?

A start would be to join the maintainers mailing list and participate
in discussions there.

jwe