up-to-date list of Octave commands?

From: Dushan Mitrovich
Subject: up-to-date list of Octave commands?
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2006 18:44:24 -0700

To help me learn how to use Octave I'm reading 'octave_manual.pdf', dated
Feb.1997, and found, unsurprisingly, that a lot of the command spelling
and syntax has changed.  How does one find an up-to-date list of these,
if it even exists?

A new version of a book was announced here recently, 'Scientific Computing
with Matlab and Octave'.  Is it safe to assume that this book's usage is
current, or is Octave evolving so fast that even this won't do?

Thanks.

- Dushan Mitrovich