Re: new release of Octaviz

From: Søren Hauberg
Subject: Re: new release of Octaviz
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2006 12:18:16 +0100

Hi,
Thanks for making this release! I'm using it on ubuntu edgy with octave 2.9.9+.
It required some work to get it going on my machine so I thought I'd share:

1) First of all I had to compile my own version of vtk-5 since
   the one in ubuntu is broken.
2) Then I had to edit (in $VTK_PREFIX/lib/vtk-5.0) vtkCommonKit.cmake
   and vtkRenderingKit.cmake and remove all references to the vtk
   build directory.
3) Then I had to edit Common/octaviz.cc in the octaviz source directory.
   I had to change line 188 from
     return reinterpret_cast<octave_uint64_t>(vtk_pointer);
     return reinterpret_cast<uint64_t>(vtk_pointer);

Things still don't work on 2.9.9+ because octaviz is using all_va_args. I'll send a patch for this...

Søren

Jonathan Stickel skrev:
There is now finally a new release of Octaviz:

http://octaviz.sourceforge.net/

This release should compile and run using gcc-4.1 with octave-2.1.73
and vtk-5.0.  Some scripts need updating to work well with vtk-5;
expect a newer release shortly.  Since the last release, there are many
new and improved scripts for 3D visualization, including functions to
change axes of figures and add color bars.  Where possible, the syntax
of high-level functions closely match those of Matlab.  Please submit
any bugs.

Jonathan