Re: ncload.m in Octcdf

From: abarth
Subject: Re: ncload.m in Octcdf
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2006 10:01:18 -0500 (EST)

> Hi Octave users
>
> I am using the Octave-forge 2.1.73 for Window with Octcdf.
> I want to use the ncload function from the Mexcdf on Octave
> but I don't know how to implement it into Octcdf toolbox.
> Could anyone shed a light to a newbie?
> I just place it in the octcdf directory and try but failed,
> Here the ncload is called from another function called gluemnc
> and the error message is below;
>
> octave:23> gluemnc('state','0000000000')
> error: `netcdf' undefined near line 23 column 5
> error: evaluating assignment expression near line 23, column 3
> error: called from `ncload' in file
> `/usr/share/octave/site/m/octave-forge/octcdf/ncload.m'
> error: evaluating assignment expression near line 22, column 9
> error: called from `gluemnc' in file `/MITgcm/nat_box/gluemnc.m'
>
> Thanks
> Lee
> --

Hi,

I guess you are using cygwin.
The octave-forge package in cygwin does not include octcdf because there
is no pre-compiled netcdf package for cygwin. There might be a octcdf
directory, but you have probably not a netcdf.oct binary (which means
octcdf is not installed on your system).

On cygwin, you have to compile netcdf and octcdf yourself. You can find
the instructions at http://ocgmod1.marine.usf.edu/octcdf/.

Alex