Octave structured output

From: Camilo Lopez
Subject: Octave structured output
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2006 19:33:17 -0400

Hello list,

I'm trying to  write a python application that can interact with octave. I've
been able  -using pexpect - to start an octave session and to send commands
to it. I can also recieve the "raw" output from octave , but It is really
hard to work whit, for instance my program will have to guess the datatype of
every  response from octave.

Is there any way to get structured ( xml, yaml, whatever markup format) output
from octave?.

Thanks in advance

--Camilo López