Re: how to debug octave code?

From: frank wang
Subject: Re: how to debug octave code?
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2006 15:12:13 -0700

This might be my setting problem. I am using a PC editor called Ultraedit to see the hex contents.

The strange thing is when I type load -ascii test2.txt, I got

octave:161> load -ascii test2.txt
warning: the meaning of this option will change in a future
warning: version of Octave to be compatible with Matlab.
warning: To keep the meaning of your code the same across
warning: this change, use the -text option instead.
error: load: empty name keyword or no data found in file `test2.txt'

if I type load test2.txt, octave will not generate any warning or error message. Both ways will not load the data into octave.

Thanks

Frank
:

On 8/24/06, John W. Eaton <address@hidden> wrote:
On 24-Aug-2006, frank wang wrote:

| I have to give up to debug this problem since I do not have the knowledge
| and time. It is very strange. After I type load test2.txt and went back my
| editor, editor will pop up message saying "c:\test2.txt has been changed by
| another application, do you want to reload?". It seems that Octave changed
| the file, even though it does not load the data in.

I don't know why that would happen.  When Octave's load function opens
a file, it does so asking only for read access.  So it should not be
possible for Octave to change the file.  Maybe it is your editor that
is confused?  What editor are you using?

jwe