Re: uint8 undefined in GNU Octave, version 2.1.40 (i386-redhat-linux-gnu

From: Cassia Batista
Subject: Re: uint8 undefined in GNU Octave, version 2.1.40 (i386-redhat-linux-gnu)
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2006 19:07:50 -0300 (ART)

Hi John,

you're right, I don't have to take care about complex numbers because I need to scale to the uint8 range. Since I am running my code in a remote machine, I've written a function for treating real values only, because my server administrator can not update to Octave 2.9.x for now.

Thanks,
Cassia.

"John W. Eaton" <address@hidden> escreveu:
On 21-Aug-2006, Cassia Batista wrote:

| Specifically in my case I will use fft(x) that can return a complex array. After this I will do a calculation where I need to transform the values in uint8 array.

Why do you need uint8 values? Is it because of the range of data
(0-255) or the size of the data type (1 byte per element)? Since
you've already computed the result with double (using 8 bytes per
element) size doesn't seem like it would be important. If you just
need to scale to the uint8 range, then maybe you don't really need the
actual data type?

jwe

Yahoo! Search
Música para ver e ouvir: You're Beautiful, do James Blunt