Re: uint8 undefined in GNU Octave, version 2.1.40 (i386-redhat-linux-gnu

From: Cassia Batista
Subject: Re: uint8 undefined in GNU Octave, version 2.1.40 (i386-redhat-linux-gnu)
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2006 14:33:13 -0300 (ART)

Hi,
Specifically in my case I will use fft(x) that can return a complex array. After this I will do a calculation where I need to transform the values in uint8 array.

Regards,
Cassia.

"John W. Eaton" <address@hidden> escreveu:
On 21-Aug-2006, Cassia Batista wrote:

| Ok, thanks. I will do a function like this, but treating double and
| complex numbers too.

Octave 2.9.x has intN and uintN data types, but they are for real data
only. I know that Matlab has complex integer types, but I've never
seen a real need for them. Do you really need complex uint8? If you
do, then why do you need them?

Thanks,

jwe