Re: How to get octave PID inside octave

From: Joshua Rigler
Subject: Re: How to get octave PID inside octave
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2006 16:13:10 -0600

Quentin Spencer wrote:
I'm trying to run the same script in separate instances of octave running on the same multiprocessor machine, and I would like to periodically save my results to a file, and would like the script to generate a different file name in each instance of octave. It seems like one way to do this would be to create a file name that contains the octave PID. Is there a way to gain access to the PID from within octave? Any other ideas for how to accomplish this?

Quentin

If you're running a Bash shell, you can always use

  >> OCT_PID = system('echo $PPID');

I'm not sure how portable that is though.

-EJR