how to debug octave code?

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: how to debug octave code?
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2006 12:56:15 -0400

On 18-Aug-2006, frank wang wrote:

| While porting my project, I found it is very difficult to debug the code. I
| can set break point in octave, however, after it breaks there, how can I
| single step? How can I continue to run? The debug command I found in octave
| are dbstop, dbwhere, dbstatus, dbclear. None of them will provide efficient
| debugging.

Yes, the current debugging commands are far from perfect, but I'm not
sure what you expect.

Octave is primarily a community based free software project that
depends on volunteers.  The debuggning tools will only improve when
someone does the work.  I don't have immediate plans to work on this
myself, so I hope you are not expecting me to do it.  If it is
important to you, perhaps you would like to work on it, or provide
some incentive for someone else to do the work?

jwe