Re: Integrating functions with with constant arguments

From: Jordi Gutierrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: Integrating functions with with constant arguments
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2006 10:47:42 -0500

On 15/08/06, John Dalton <address@hidden> wrote:
I've just discovered that Debian unstable, which I am running,
maintains two packages: octave2.1 and octave2.9.
It's possibly the wrong forum, but does anyone
know why Debian would do this?

It's not a peculiarity of Debian, but of Octave. The 2.1 is the stable
Octave version, 2.9 is development, sorta like sarge, etch, and sid.
:-)

What I do think is kinda strange in Debian is the dependencies between
these packages. For example, octave-forge depends on octave2.1 yet I
believe I have seen some of the 'forge functions use functionality
from octave2.9. It's given me some trouble sometimes, since I have
both Octave branches installed, and some 'forge functions work in 2.1
and some in 2.9... I think. *shrug*

- Jordi G. H.