From: Rodrigo Silva L.
Subject: Loading .mat files
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2006 09:27:58 -0500

Hi, I have a little problem. I'm using Octave in linux, and I'm trying to load a matrix saved in Matlab for Windows (matrix.mat) using the load command ( load -mat matrix) I get the following error messages:

error: load: invalid element type
error: load: trouble reading binary file `matrix'

I tried to load the same file saved in ascii format, but I get these errors then:

error: load: empty name keyword or no data found in file `matrixinascii.txt'

I think this error might be for the absence of a header (the ascii file was not saved in octave)

Can anyone please help me to solve this problem? I know it must be somthing very simple, but I'm a newbie in octave.

Thanks a lot.

--
Rodrigo Silva L.
Computer Science Department