Re: dmperm

From: Joe Koski
Subject: Re: dmperm
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2006 19:02:19 -0600

on 8/10/06 6:31 PM, Eike Friedrich at address@hidden wrote:

> Hi,
> I could use some newbie guidance. I am trying to implement some old matlab
> code that uses the function `dmperm'.
>
> The documentation for octave tantalisingly mentions this function;
> Loadable Function: p = dmperm (s).
> Although I can use other loadable functions I don't seem to have access to
> this one, and I cannot find the appropriate .oct or .cc file to compile.
>
> I've looked in octave versions 2.1.73 & 2.9.7 and also tried a 2.1.71 SuSE
> binary for an x86_64 platform.
>
> Any ideas where I might find this function, or code that I could compile
> into this function?
>
> Thanks,
> Eike

Eike,

The routine dmperm is a sparse matrix routine, so it is relatively new to
octave. It exists and works in my octave-2.9.7, which was built from the
source code at octave.org. My "help dmperm" also works. Because it depends
on the sparse matrix libraries, I doubt that it can be easily adapted to
octave-2.1.x.

Joe