Re: Matlab AVI files

From: Jordi Gutierrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: Matlab AVI files
Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2006 15:38:12 -0400

On Tue, Aug 08, 2006 at 06:49:10PM -0500, Jordi Gutierrez Hermoso wrote:
> You probably are aware that Matlab can generate movies, by default
> uncompressed in .avi format. I've had a very difficult time seeing in
> Debian files of this kind that someone sent me.
On 09/08/06, Miroslaw Kwasniak <address@hidden> wrote:

Could you point to an example avi?

Sure: http://www.cimat.mx/~jordi/evil-avis/asymmetrical.zip

Have you tried an aviplay?

I think I did... I'll try again sometime soon.

Asking around, someone finally pointed me to Xanim, a
> dinosaur of a movie player that is very difficult to compile in modern
> systems, but that at least plays Matlab avis correctly.

.. and it it's not free, as I remeber its licence is shareware.

It's about as free as gnuplot, as I recall. I'm not sure if there are
limitations on commercial use or what. I briefly glanced over the
license agreement and didn't see any unpardonable restriction there.

- Jordi G. H.