function precedence

From: Ron Crummett
Subject: function precedence
Date: Tue, 08 Aug 2006 20:48:51 -0700

Hi -

Is there any way to specify calling precedence of a function? For example, I have written a function that performs upsampling similar to the matlab upsample function. Yet when I make a call to upsample, it calls a function by the same name that I wrote several years ago -- and does not yield the desired result. My current remedy is to rename the undesired function, but this is something I have run into multiple times. Is there a way to determine which function receives calling precedence? I hope this makes sense. In the event that it helps, I am running 2.1.73 on Kubuntu breezy.

-Ron