Re: Loading .mat file question

From: Peter Cloetens
Subject: Re: Loading .mat file question
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2006 12:39:57 +0200

Hi,
For converting *.mat files from version 7 into verson 6 readable by octave, I
wrote the following small function. To be run with Matlab 7.x (for the last
time). The original file is copied on linux/unix.
Peter

function [] = convert_v7v6(matlabfile)
    if exist(matlabfile,'file')
        if isunix
            command = sprintf('cp %s %s.v7',matlabfile,matlabfile);
            disp(command)
            unix(command);
        end
        S=load(matlabfile);
        comm = sprintf('save %s -v6 -struct S',matlabfile);
        disp(comm)
        eval(comm);
        disp(sprintf('%s converted to matlab version 6',matlabfile))
    end