From: frank wang
Subject: Loading .mat file question
Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2006 18:43:04 -0700

Hi,

As a new user, I am transfering my work to octave from matlab. I have encountered problems to load .mat files. It seems that octave cannot load mat file created  by matlab version 7.x. Also, does octave load matlab class object? since I have a mat file contain one class object and when I try to load it, octave complains invalid dimensions array subelemnt. But when I type help class in octave, it does have the class command.

Also, are there Octave running in X window? I complied and installed the newest version and it is command window only.

Thanks

Frank