Re: Configuring with Sparse Matrix Libraries

From: Paul Kienzle
Subject: Re: Configuring with Sparse Matrix Libraries
Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2006 21:28:22 -0400

On Aug 1, 2006, at 6:10 PM, Joe Koski wrote:

Hi all,

A quick question. This is a question that all Mac users who build
octave-2.9.x will need to address. This specifically relates to building
octave-2.9.7 on a G5 Mac under OS X 10.4.7 with Xcode tools 2.3 and
gfortran.

I have built and installed all the sparse matrix libraries (libumfpack.a,
libcolamd.a, libccolamd.a, libcxsparse.a, and libcholmod.a) into
/usr/local/lib, with the header files in /usr/local/include.

Looking at the manpage for gcc, you should be able to define the following environment variables:

   export CPATH=/usr/local/include
   export LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/lib

or in csh syntax

   setenv CPATH /usr/local/include
   setenv LIBRARY_PATH /usr/local/lib

Then you should be able to run configure without any options.

Alternatively, you can run ./configure as follows:

./configure CFLAGS="-g -O2 -I/usr/local/include" CXXFLAGS="-g -O2 -I/usr/local/include" LDFLAGS="-L/usr/local/lib"

- Paul