Re: Running on windows 2k

From: James R. Phillips
Subject: Re: Running on windows 2k
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2006 18:18:26 -0700 (PDT)

--- Czauz Kamil  wrote:

> I have installed Octave on my WinXP box and it seems to be running fine
> there.  When I installed it on my Win2k box, the program starts up and
> immediately shuts down.  Is there a log somewhere I can check to see
> whats going on in the proccess?  Is octave compatible with Win2K ?
>
> Thank you
> Kamil Czauz

There should be no issue in principle with win2k.  You are probably using the
source-forge version.  I can't help you directly, but if you want to install
cygwin (http://www.cygwin.com), and then install octave as a cygwin package, I
can assist.  You will probably need to uninstall the source-forge version to
make it work.

The source-forge version also installs the cygwin dll, iirc.  You may need to
make certain it is in your path.

James R. Phillips
cygwin octave maintainer