Re: build error octave 2.9.6 gentoo linux

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: build error octave 2.9.6 gentoo linux
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2006 03:08:24 -0400

On 28-Jun-2006, Thomas Weber wrote:

| May I suggest putting this in the news section of the website? Otherwise
| this will pop up for weeks.

OK, I just put the following message on the front web page:

June 29, 2006
    Please see this [Mailing List Thread] if you are having trouble
    compiling Octave 2.9.6 with GCC 3.x. After applying the patch,
    you'll need to run autogen.sh and configure again. This means
    you'll need to have a recent version of autoconf installed. Or,
    you can upgrade to GCC 4.x or you can wait for 2.9.7. So many
    options!

[Mailing List Thread] is a link to the message I posted with the
patch.

jwe