Re: C++ libraries

From: Geordie McBain
Subject: Re: C++ libraries
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2006 10:53:09 +1000

On Wed, 2006-06-28 at 17:42 -0700, Robert A. Macy wrote:
> I really, really like fft.m in octave, however...
>
> there might be a better C++ version for your efforts called
> fftw
>
> See
> http://www.fftw.org
> for the FFTW source code and documentation.

Good news, then: Octave's fft uses FFTW.

* * *
octave> help fft
fft is the dynamically-linked function from the file
/usr/lib/octave/2.9.4/oct/i486-pc-linux-gnu/fft.oct

 -- Loadable Function:  fft (A, N, DIM)
     Compute the FFT of A using subroutines from FFTW. The FFT is
* * *

(As to whether you want to call FFTW from C++ via Octave though, I don't
know.)