Re: building octave 2.9.5 on Tiger

From: Daniel Oberhoff
Subject: Re: building octave 2.9.5 on Tiger
Date: Sun, 25 Jun 2006 16:28:05 +0200

On my system it's called gnused, but that's beside the point, why not have configure check for this and maybe ask for a gnu compatible sed?

Daniel

Am Jun 25, 2006 um 2:04 PM schrieb Marius Schamschula:

Daniel,

Don't replace /usr/bin/sed:

Apple can overwrite this at any point with a system update.

If your PATH is properly set, the DP version of GNU sed (the binary is called sed),  should be used instead of BSD sed.

To see which sed is invoked use

which sed