octave-forge lin.alg. kernel/image/span

From: Stefan de Konink
Subject: octave-forge lin.alg. kernel/image/span
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2006 03:41:11 +0200 (CEST)

Hello,

Before I start hacking on something. Are any kernel/image functions
currently available in octave-forge?

I found in a matlab lecture the null() function should be used. But:

A = [ 1 1; 0 0 ];
A * null(A)

does [0 0] for me.

But using:
A = [1 2 1; 1 2 2];
A * null(A, 'r')
Remark 5.1  The parameter 'r' above is used so that MATLAB does not
orthogonalize the basis; that is, it does not change the vectors in the
basis to be of unit length and perpendicular to each other.

Does't get me there.
null(A, 'r') as on slide should produce [-2 ; 1 ; 0 ]

octave:39> null(A)
ans =

   -8.9443e-01
    4.4721e-01
    2.6223e-16

According to the help function I can specify a TOL to limit the number of
SVD values which doesn't give the expected result.

Any advice on this subject?

Yours Sincerely,

Stefan de Konink