Re: misbehavior in Octave 2.9.4 for OS/2

From: Dushan Mitrovich
Subject: Re: misbehavior in Octave 2.9.4 for OS/2
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2006 13:46:15 -0700

"John W. Eaton" <address@hidden> wrote:
>On 16-Jun-2006, Dushan Mitrovich wrote:
>
>| #  A more complicated function 'sinc(x) = sin(x) / x' that I would like
>|    to have work for vector x as well as scalar, and for '0' argument,
>|    works if defined from the command line but not after it is edited.
>|    Here is the function definition:
>
> Octave already has a sinc function, but it computes sin(pi*x)/(pi*x).
> It works for scalars and vectors:

Yes, but I wasn't interested in the function itself, rather in learning
how to drive Octave.  Any sufficiently diverse function would do.

>|    When defined from the command line for a vector 'a = 0:pi/10:2*pi' it
>|    produces 21 sets of vectors, each with an additional element
>|    computed,
>
> You have some lines that don't end in semicolons.

Yes, that's because I found that if I end all assignment lines with semi-
colons, when I call the function no results are printed.  When I remove
the semicolons from the result lines, Octave does print the result.  Is
this not the expected behavior?

- Dushan