Re: misbehavior in Octave 2.9.4 for OS/2

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: misbehavior in Octave 2.9.4 for OS/2
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2006 13:59:40 -0400

On 16-Jun-2006, Steven Levine wrote:

| First, be aware that Dmitry's build is very new and very lightly tested.
| The good news is now that eCS/OS2 has a capable gcc build chain, the
| patches are minimal and unobtrusive.  Over time they might be integrated
| into the Octave sources.

Where are the patches?  And, for that matter, where are the sources to
accompany the binary?  I didn't see a link to them on the page
http://froloff.homeip.net. The GPL requires that if you distribute a
binary, you must also distribute the sources, or provide a written
offer along with the binary to distribute the sources.  Also, it is
not sufficient to just point to the Octave ftp site for the main
sources and then provide a patch, because the sources you point to may
someday be unavailable and then the patch is useless as a means to
reconstruct the binary that is distributed.

jwe