Re: LiveCD for G5 powerpc with Octave

From: Keith Goodman
Subject: Re: LiveCD for G5 powerpc with Octave
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2006 13:34:29 -0700

On 6/15/06, Jordi Gutierrez Hermoso <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi, this may be slightly offtopic, but I have a bit of a problem. Soon
I will be spending a few weeks in GIMMC, a mathematical modelling camp
(http://www.pims.math.ca/industrial/2006/06gimmc/), and I'm a little
uncomfortable by the idea of having to use non-free software in order
to get work done during GIMMC (I haven't touched non-free software in
years; I usually carry around with me a Knoppix CD just for this
purpose). I'm told they will have G5 Powermacs. Does anyone know of an
easy way to obtain or create a GNU/Linux live cd with Octave on it for
the powerpc64 architecture?

A USB flash drive might be more useful. It fits in your pocket and you
can write to it.

http://feraga.com/