Re: matlab to Octave conversion

From: Kevin H. Hobbs
Subject: Re: matlab to Octave conversion
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2006 00:16:18 -0400

On Tue, 2006-06-13 at 22:03 +0100, MICHAEL FORREST wrote:
> Is this supposed to be current clamp and voltage clamp?
> Yes.

I do not believe the code you submitted was correct in voltage clamp
mode. Voltage should be fixed to the command voltage in voltage clamp
mode and I do not believe that was the case with the code you submitted.

In current clamp one injects a command current and measures cell
voltage. In voltage clamp the cell voltage is driven by the electrode
and the driving current is interpreted as the membrane current. The code
you submitted does not do the sorts of things one expects for the two
scenarios.

PLEASE, e-mail me if this does not make sense.