Re: Problems plotting on Mac OS X 10.4

From: Joe Koski
Subject: Re: Problems plotting on Mac OS X 10.4
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2006 14:45:23 -0600

on 6/12/06 1:43 PM, John W. Eaton at address@hidden wrote:

> On 12-Jun-2006, Timothée Lecomte wrote:
>
> | The short answer is that this message doesn't make anything fail.
>
> But it is annoying, and makes users think that there are problems.
> Making gnuplot depend unconditionally on kpsexpand seems silly.  At
> least it would be nice to be able to disable this feature of using
> kpsexpand to find fonts if we know we don't care about them.  OK, the
> message I quoted already contains some options for avoiding the
> message, so maybe it is just up to the packagers to take care of this
> problem?
>
> jwe

John, Timothée,

I've been getting the kpsexpand message regularly, usually in duplicate, for
over a year, and have learned to ignore it. My only comment is that I work
in an area where "quality assurance" in all its bad connotations is
considered important. If I were to show one of the QA bureaucrats an octave
diary file with kpsexpand messages in it, he would worry about the validity
of the results. Given a choice though, I would continue to live with the
message, if it's required to get a plot.

Joe