Re: sparse matrix improvements in 2.9.x

From: Shai Ayal
Subject: Re: sparse matrix improvements in 2.9.x
Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2006 06:22:50 +0300

going the quick and easy route I installed the fc4 octave package (2.9.5) and it looks like it solves the problem -- The inversion using "\" does not fail like in 2.1.72.

Thanks again
Shai

Shai Ayal wrote:
Thanks,

I'll try it out and let you know if it helped

Shai

David Bateman wrote:
Shai Ayal wrote:
Thanks for the concise explanation. Are these features available on all 2.9.x version?
Cholesky was introduced I believe in 2.9.4, and QR in 2.9.5. There are
other improvements in 2.9.6 for sparse matrices including faster assign
function for pemutation and better sparse-sparse multiply. Also the full
type had similar treatment to the sparse \ operator in that it special
cases triangular and cholesky matrices, so I'd say if you were going to
go with a 2.9 release go for 2.9.6...

D.