Re: fopen: default open mode

From: Bill Denney
Subject: Re: fopen: default open mode
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2006 12:57:42 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 8 Jun 2006, Matthias Brennwald wrote:

If I use fopen, I get a warning that the default mode is now binary.
Why? What is this warning trying to tell me? Is there a way to
explicitly tell fopen to use ASCII instead of binary?

I have Octave 2.1.72 on Mac OS X 10.4.

Example:

> fn = tempname;
> fopen(fn,'w')
> warning: fopen: default open mode is now binary

To tell octave to use text mode, you would want to do

fopen(fn,'wt')

instead of

fopen(fn,'w')

Bill

--
"In this world, you have to be oh so smart or oh so pleasant.  I spent
years being smart.  I recommend pleasant."