Re: library to read a .avi file

From: Stefan van der Walt
Subject: Re: library to read a .avi file
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2006 22:32:43 +0200

I should probably do that.  I have very serious bandwidth constraints
(as you may know, internet in South Africa is hellishly expensive --
see http://www.hellkom.co.za/research/adsl.htm).

But, to stay on topic: I recently updated the code to work with the
latest ffmpeg, so it should be ready for integration.  I could not do
this earlier, because I find it almost impossible (given bandwidth
constraints) to work on code via CVS (hence, my plead for a move
towards subversion).

I aim to make the code available in Søren's package format, which can
then be included in octave forge.

A general question: Will octave forge provide additional information
to packages?  Or will packages have to have their own complete
configuration/makefiles?

Regards
Stéfan