Re: octave-forge 2006.01.28

From: Marius Schamschula
Subject: Re: octave-forge 2006.01.28
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2006 18:38:27 -0600

Paul,

My build under Mac OS X 10.3.9 had no such problem (I do have IM 6.2.6 installed). My 10.4.4 build, however, had a problem with the Mac OS X specific Objective C code:

Processing extra/MacOSX/
mkdir -p bin
/usr/local/gcc-3.4/bin/gcc -ObjC -o bin/ofsndplay OFSndPlay.cc -framework Cocoa
gcc: Cocoa: No such file or directory
cc1plus: error: invalid option argument `-ObjC'
cc1plus: error: unrecognized command line option "-framework"
make[2]: *** [bin/ofsndplay] Error 1
make[2]: Target `all' not remade because of errors.
make[1]: *** [MacOSX/] Error 2

I don't know how to force mkoctfile to pick up Objective C from the non-standard gcc 3.4.5 path.

Joe, see comment below: