Re: 2.9.4 on mac OSX tiger

From: Joe Koski
Subject: Re: 2.9.4 on mac OSX tiger
Date: Sat, 21 Jan 2006 10:53:35 -0700

Carlo,

Great work! Sorry, but I don't have an answer to your .dylib question. You
might try posting it to the Apple unix-porting list

to see if they have an answer. Most of your libreadline.dylib versions are
in the Fink directory, or are installed into /usr/local/lib, so it appears
that the one with the missing symbol is Apple's /usr/lib version. When you
move the /usr/lib version out of the way, then the linker probably finds the
/usr/local/lib version that works.

For what it's worth, on my OS X 10.3.9, I don't have a
/usr/lib/libreadline.dylib; I only have /usr/local/lib/libreadline.a
installed, and I don't recall when or how it got installed, since that
directory is usually empty on a new Mac installation.

Which Fortran compiler did you use, perhaps gfortran? Installed via .dmg
from the website?

Joe