Re: imagesc doesn't work

From: Mike Miller
Subject: Re: imagesc doesn't work
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2006 18:25:46 -0600 (CST)

On Fri, 13 Jan 2006, Stefan van der Walt wrote:

Try imagesc(A,100).  Maybe you missed the small window that popped up?

This happened to me and I couldn't figure out what I'd done wrong...

imagesc(rand(4))

The image is 4 pixels by 4 pixels! All I can see is a little piece of the window corner. That had me stumped at first. This is better:

imagesc(rand(4),50)

I don't have Imagemagick, so I think it's using xloadimage.

Thanks for the tip!

By the way, we find this function very useful for viewing correlation matrices from SNPs in studies of linkage disequilibrium using haplotype data. Octave is quite good for this kind of thing but most people use R (which is fine) or other software.

Mike