Re: .m file locked under cygwin

From: Paul Probert
Subject: Re: .m file locked under cygwin
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2006 11:24:18 -0600

John W. Eaton wrote:

Can you provide a complete example that demonstrates the problem?

jwe
John,
Thanks for the reply. Here's a program that causes the problem, file test.m

x=[1,2,3,4];
y=[4,1,6,7];
plot(x,y);

 Now, after your reply I got suspicious and replaced the plot command with:

disp(['x=',num2str(x)]);

And then the problem went away. So it seems it might involve gnuplot.
Again, this is under Cygwin, 2.1.72, win2k. On debian it works fine.

I admit, this isn't a great burden, having to type "close all" over and over, but merely an annoyance brought on by my run, fix, run, fix,... style of working.

Thanks,
Paul Probert