Re: plot window size

From: Avraham Rosenberg
Subject: Re: plot window size
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2006 07:03:46 +0200

On Tue, Jan 17, 2006 at 02:38:46PM -0800, Ron Crummett wrote:
> Hi -
>
> Is there any way to set a default size for the plot window?  Mine is a
> little too big for my tastes.  I would like to put something in my
> .gnuplot file to specify a smaller size but haven't been able to find
> much on how to do this.  I have noticed a couple of old posts on the
> mailing list but when I say old, I mean 1996, so I don't know how
> relevant they are anymore.  I've only been familiar with Octave since
> 2002 but it seems to me like it's improved a lot since then, so I am
> imagining that it improved a lot from 1996 to 2002 as well.  Thanks.
>
> -Ron Crummett

Hi Ron,
You did not mention the platform you are using. On linux (I guess
this is true for other platforms using the XWindows system), you
can chose it by putting in the ~/.Xresources file a line like:
gnuplot*geometry:  1100x620
 (that is what I am using. Pick the size that suits you).

The new size enters into effect after (re)starting X.

Cheers, Avraham