eps Toolkit - ftell that returns a scalar? was Re: subplot

From: Neil.Francis
Subject: eps Toolkit - ftell that returns a scalar? was Re: subplot
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2006 12:44:29 +0800

Hello,

I am doing something similar, so I tried the eps Toolkit.

But I find that there is a problem when I try to run most of the demos.
Calls to edsymbol.m fail at line 72, where it says:

nBuffer = fix(epsFileLength/bufferSize)

epsFileLength was earlier defined by:

epsFileLength = ftell(epsfile)

The problem is that ftell does not return a scalar, but a "streamoff"
type (Octave version 2.1.53), which the "/" operator does not
understand.

I'm now in search of a replacement ftell function that returns a scalar,
as I don't think there is a way to typecast streamoff to scalar (?)...

Neil